Sunday, February 12, 2023

RMVOD v0.8.0 is here!

RMVOD v0.8.0 is here!

RIBBBIT media VideoOnDemand is now at v0.8.0, and has been moved to its own GitHub Repo

Do you want to try it out?  You can download it here.

If you don't know what this is all about here are some previous blog posts about it here and here.

...and if you don't have the patience and/or time to read those now, here's a quick recap:

I wanted to be able to have a browser-based video-on-demand system with some search functionality  -- something where I wasn't dependent on wacky changes and release cycles, and having to take onboard features I neither want nor need just to get the bug fixes.  I wasn't interested in sharing my library in or out.  I just wanted to be able to watch my videos on my home network and not have to install an app or be running a particular OS.  

...et voila!  rmvod is here!

The targeted feature set for v1.0 is in place.  Bug fixes and minor tweaks remain.

The  install script should work for Debian, Raspberry Pi OS, and Ubuntu Server.  Other Debian-based distros should at least be close to working if their package names line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RMVOD r0.9.3 is here!

 Hi folks!   Well, TV Series Playlists are here, as well as some fixes to Recommendations.  Here are the release notes: RIBBBITmedia Video O...