Wednesday, December 15, 2021

CrapDASM Demo (et al) Video!

Just posted a new video to the YouTube channel -- Mostly covers the CrapDASM disassembler.  



One thing I didn't mention (because I forgot in the moment) among the things I want to fix/improve on the CrapDASM (and, yeah, I think that's going to be the name) is "decorations" for the mnemonics.  For example,  indicating vectors, indexed offsets, and stuff like that.  Right now, you can't just take the disassembler output, type it into an assembler, and go...  and while that may never actually be a thing, I'd like to get a little closer to understanding what's going on by reading the disassembler output.  Decorations are distinct based on opcode, and there is a finite and small list of decorations (basically one for each addressing mode).  

I also discovered (after posting the video) and issue with the routine that increments the the vector to the current OpCode.  Moar debugging!

Anyway,  progress is being made, so, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RMVOD r0.9.3 is here!

 Hi folks!   Well, TV Series Playlists are here, as well as some fixes to Recommendations.  Here are the release notes: RIBBBITmedia Video O...